Jagua After Care
Congratulations! You got your Jagua! Now what? Well here are some tips and tricks to remember when it comes to the after care of your new jagua tattoo.
- It is important to remember is that depending on where you get your jagua done, your jagua will come out darker than other areas of the body. You won't get that same dark color in all parts of your body
- It is recommended that after applying jagua, you should let it dry on the skin. Once dried on the skin, the jagua may start to lift off the skin. Once this occurs, do not fret as you'll see more of the jagua pieces lift off the skin.
- You want the jagua to stay on for at least 3 hours. Unlike henna, to remove the remaining jagua, wash the area with some soap and room temperature water.
- When showering, protect the jagua by applying coconut oil or shea butter and avoid scrubbing the area where you did jagua.
- Try not to participate in activities that may make you sweat or be surrounded by a large body of water for that can ruin the jagua stain. You want to avoid water in that area for atleast 24 to 48 hours.
- Your final stain will appear in 24 to 48 hours