Henna After Care
Congratulations! You got your henna! Now what? Well here are some tips and tricks to remember when it comes to the after care of your new henna/mehndi tattoo.
- It is important to remember is that depending on where you get your henna done, your henna will come out darker than other areas of the body. You won't get that same dark color in all parts of your body
- The longer you keep the paste on your hand, the darker your henna will be. Most henna artist may carry a sealant that usually. This will help rehydrate the paste and act as a hairspray in the sense it holds the paste longer on to the skin. You can purchase one from us or you can make it by mixing sugar and water.
- You can also place a plastic bags or wrap your henna with a medical bandage and sleep with it on for a darker henna stain
- When the paste hardens on the skin and has been on for a good period of time, scrape off the paste. Refrain from washing it off. Take off excess henna paste with an oil (like coconut or olive oil). This will help hydrate the skin and bring out the color even more
- Once you have scrapped the henna off, apply a thick balm or vaseline to protect your henna. Apply some vaseline/balm for the next 24 to 48 hours. Try and avoid water in that area for the next 24 to 48 hours.
- The longer you leave on your henna the better! Ideally, you should leave it on for 4-8 hours for beautiful stain results!
- Your final stain will appear in 24 to 48 hours